Are Hemorrhoids Treatable?By Paul MacIver
Hemorrhoids are described as a condition in which an itching or painful mass of dilated veins in swollen anal tissue occurs. Hemorrhoids or piles are the medical terms used for the condition of varicosity or swelling and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus.
External hemorrhoids and internal hemorrhoids are the two most common types of hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are very much treatable. They can be treated by natural ways and medical treatment. Severe hemorrhoids can only be treated by surgery.
The following are some tips to get temporary or instant hemorrhoid relief.
• A warm sitz bath using a bidet, extendable showerhead, cold compress, or topical analgesic like Preparation H, can provide temporary hemorrhoid relief.
• A sufferer should keep th
Hemorrhoids Treatment through Natural Ways
The following are some natural ways of hemorrhoids treatment:
• Controlling constipation and diarrhea.
• Drinking large amounts of water and eating fiber-rich bulking agents such as plantain and psyllium to help create a soft stool that is easy to pass to lessen the irritation of existing hemorrhoids.
• Taking herbs and dietary supplements such as butcher's broom, horse chestnut, bromelain, and Japanese pagoda tree extracts to strengthen rectal vein walls. Recent studies have supported natural botanicals such as Butchers Broom, Horse Chestnut, and bioflavonoids as an effective hemorrhoid treatment.
• Topical application of natural astringents and soothing agents, such as Witch Hazel (astringent), Cranesbill and Aloe Vera.
• Reducing rectal pressure and improving postures using the squatting position for bowel movements.
Medical Hemorrhoid Treatments
Chronic or severe cases require medical hemorrhoids treatments. The following are some standard medical hemorrhoids treatments.
• Hemorrhoidolysis/Galvanic Electrotherapy is a painless and highly effective hemorrhoids treatment. It includes the desiccation of the hemorrhoid by electrical current.
• Dilation is the treatment comprising of stretching of the anal sphincter muscle, but has side effects.
• In Rubber band ligation therapy, elastic bands are applied onto an internal hemorrhoid to cut off its blood supply. Within several weeks, the withered hemorrhoid is sloughed off during normal bowel movement.
• In Sclerotherapy or injection therapy, sclerosant or hardening agent is injected into hemorrhoids. It causes the vein walls to collapse and the hemorrhoids to shrivel up.
• In Cryosurgery treatment, a frozen tip of a cryoprobe is used to destroy hemorrhoidal tissues.
• In Laser, infared or BICAP coagulation treatment, laser, infrared beam, or electricity is used to cauterize the affected tissues.
• Hemorrhoidectomy is a surgical procedure to excise and remove hemorrhoids.
Surgery is the only treatment option for very severe cases, like prolapsed, thrombosed, or strangulated hemorrhoids.
About the Author: For further information on hemorrhoids visit http://www.about-hemorrhoids.info or http://www.online-hemorrhoids-help.info to read more about hemorrhoids treatments and relief. You may freely reprint this article as long as nothing is changed, and this resource box is included with all links intact.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=38343&ca=Wellness%2C+Fitness+and+Diet